Final Project- Shadows of Frustration.
radiofishface: “Some people spit metaphors, but I spit metafives.” — Bobb’e J. Thompson freestyling on Carson Daly (via tmblg) yooo that line is maaad ill
FINAL MEDIA SURVEY VIDEO: Shadows of student frustation I basically took an idea I previously had and put it into a different context.
November 4th...in bringthebeard's format
1. Skipped animation (i think everybody did…) 2. Shafer 3. Shafer shits 4. Drove ppl to poll locations 5. Thought about skipping bio 6. Remembered that I suck at bio and went to class 7. Went to results party in break point room in the commons 8. Virginia is blue. Small celebration. 9. Barack wins. Big celebration. 10. SHUT DOWN BROAD STREET -Fin
This Design Could Save Your Life →
notoriousnat: want. hell yea that is sick!! i don’t even camp and I want one haha
2 questions...from before..(a little late)
In the first video we watched last Thursday we saw Martin Seligman talk about three types of happy lives. 1. A pleasant life. 2. A life of flow (focused activity in which time seems to stop) and finally, 3.a life of meaning. I want you to think of / describe a specific time in which you experienced “flow” or when you witnessed it in someone else. I’m very curious about this phenomenon. I think...
More questions...oh yes...
1. My favorite music video is Eminem’s Mosh music video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvVIAAmQGcI&feature=channel I really enjoy this video because of its cultural relevance and its unorthodox way of tackling serious subject matter with an animated cartoon. The video creates a mood that immediately captures you with its anti-bush campaign and brings us together with a common theme to...
1. What can you do for / in your video introduction that can make it stand out from everyone else’s videos? The only unacceptable answer is “Myself” or “I can be myself’. Why unacceptable? Because…Who cares? It’s not who you are. It’s what can you do? 2. Generally speaking, how are you feeling about school? Are you in the right place / department? How can you tell? 1. What I can do is...
Lists....everybody loves lists...
Two lists from you will be highly appreciated. 1. What are the top 5 qualities that you want to apply to your videos? (ie, humor, social engagement, long-lasting impression….etc?) -Humor -Cultural Relevance -Innovation -Well written script -Engaging characters and personalities 2. What are the 5 qualities you most want to avoid in your work? (see above….boring….etc?) -A script with no...
The Museum of black superheroes →
theramenking: nfluence08: illmasta: yes. its true. there is definitely a shortage of them. Aside from blade, the rest of them were either extra stereotypical, or just plain wack (static shock..). so i did my research when I was bored at work one day, and came across this little goodie. it contains bios of EVERY single black superhero from every genre imaginable. it also contains a gallery...
Landing an art job is like being a porn star: you don’t always get to choose who’s fucking you, but in the end it’s money in the bank and you’ll do whatever it takes to not have to go back to bartending. -chinagreenelvis this is definitely going on stewart’s facebook quotes.
Second weekly questions
1. What separates Fine Art and Commercial Art…. especially within moving image work?(qualification: Don’t go into “One is boring and one is interesting.” Let’s consider that you need to see enough of something before you can really judge that. What if a “knee-jerk” response is not enough?) I think what separates fine art from commercial art is the amount of exposure to the masses. For instance,...
The Museum of black superheroes →
yes. its true. there is definitely a shortage of them. Aside from blade, the rest of them were either extra stereotypical, or just plain wack (static shock..). so i did my research when I was bored at work one day, and came across this little goodie. it contains bios of EVERY single black superhero from every genre imaginable. it also contains a gallery of work submitted by other artists which is...
1. My biggest influences have been, and probably always will are video games and comic books. I love how these are becoming the new story telling medium as opposed to conventional means like movies and novels. However, as a child, my biggest influences were admitingly just like every other kid’s. The Dragonball Zs, the Spidermans, Xmens, etc. Artists wise, my biggest influence is definitely...
My name is Stewart Penson. Most of my friends call me S.P. I was born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio but now I reside in VA Beach. I am a second year student here at VCU, although this would technically be my 4th year in school (I got screwed on my transfer credits). I have an associates in applied scienece degree in computer graphics from TCC (Tidewater Community College) and my concentration...
My Facebook Profile →